One preset to improve any photo. Sounds too good to be true, but that’s the holy grail that we’re going in search of in this workshop! By the end, you’ll have a universal preset that will save you countless hours in the future! Being able to have a preset that works universally well is a huge time saver.
We’ll leverage the AI (Artificial Intelligence) tools inside the popular photo editing software Luminar 4 to create a generic preset that is designed to enhance any photo you throw at it. When creating a preset like this it’s important to use tools that will work well on all photos and leave out tools which should be applied more specifically.
When you construct your generic universal preset there are some enhancements you should include and some that you should avoid. For example, obviously, you wouldn’t want to include the sun rays tool as that would be unique to images that include the sun, but there are also less obvious tools that you may think you should include that you should avoid. Here are some of the tools I’d recommend including:
- Lens geometry – correct lens distortion, chromatic aberration, defringe
- Colour balance – As shot
- Smart Contrast
- Boost shadows and control highlights
- Boost White point and deepen the Black point
- AI enhance – probably the single most useful tool in terms of saving you time as Luminar does a lot of AI thinking for you
- AI structure – Worth considering adding but go easy on this
- Denoise – Worth including to cover high iso shots
Thanks for watching. Any questions? Please leave them in the comments.